Sunday, February 8, 2015

just be.

Sorry I am a couple of days late on this one. I worked Friday and was completely and utterly useless and hungover on Saturday. So here we are on Sunday. On Thursday before work I had worked on a post about how when you're going to school you are in a rush to finish, but what no one tells you is that being an adult is actually way crappier than handing in three papers and writing three midterms in the same week. I finished it for the most part and decided I would finish it this weekend. 

Tonight, Ian and I made pizza for supper. We didn't take one out of the freezer and put it in the oven cause I'm a food snob and if I'm making something, I'm gonna make it from scratch. Although, who am I kidding, if there was a pizza in the freezer, that's what we would have eaten. I made dough and sauce, and shredded cheese while Ian cut up veggies and pepperoni. It got me to thinking, as my favourite place (the kitchen) often does, that my blog post about how it sucks being an adult and how everyone should just stay in school forever would not be published. I literally just erased the entire thing.

Cooking and baking bring out lots of thoughts. A lot of the time I think about my mom and even my grandma and how a) they sure spent a lot of time in the kitchen and I totally get why and b) I hope that I am making them proud cause I mostly just make stuff they used to. Like, I'm not creative AT ALL. Thank goodness for Ian, or we would never eat anything interesting. ..... I could literally live off Shake n Bake chicken. So today while I was stirring the pizza sauce on the stove, I thought "I really have a great life."

While I was writing this post on Thursday, I was on day 9 of 10 in a row at work. So I was probably just feeling tired and so over being an adult with responsibilities and a job. But today, I went down to the Forks and watched Ian curl (outside.. it was actually really cool!!) and then I had a soccer game. When I got home, we walked to get groceries and then I put on my apron and we were off to the races! I had a really great day, being an adult isn't all that bad! The reason I decided to switch my entire point of view in this blog (It was going to be titled: Advice column - stay in school forever, or get a sugar daddy) was because I realized while I put my sauce on simmer, that the key to happiness is just being. Being who you are in that very moment in time. Not thinking about who you were, who you want to be, who you wish you could be, what you want, what you have.... just being in the moment. In that moment, I was very content. It was an interesting realization, cause really.. it's not rocket science. It's easy to see someone else's life and be envious of what they have or how they live, but when you realize all of the things you yourself have to be happy about, it's easy to just be happy for those other people. However, in this very moment...... We are watching Leave it to Bryan: In the Sticks on HGTV and they are revealing their kitchen and the custom stove they got in from France.... so everything I just said is gone out the window cause I'm flat out soooooooooo jealous of that kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! But that being said... The kitchen we have in the apartment we are in, is 1000x bigger and better than the one at the Killarney apartment. See - you have to see the bright side in everything! (Still jealy of that kitchen)

I'm ready to hit the publish  button on this one, I'm kind of sleepy and there are clothes to be put away. I know I'm cutting this post pretty short so I'll just leave you with this little thought or statement or whatever it is.... No matter what you've done so far in your life, it has led you to where you are today. Don't dwell on the shoulda, coulda, woulda's that got you here, just be glad you are. Not everybody gets a tomorrow, so live and love for today :)

(I'M SORRY THIS WAS CHEESY, BUT SOMETIMES YA JUST GOTTA DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO)


No comments:

Post a Comment