Thursday, June 4, 2015

catching zzz's

I just got up from a nap about a half hour ago. It is 8:15 PM. I was supposed to be in the yoga studio at 7:45, not waking up from accidentally falling asleep. Maybe it's my own fault for laying down on the couch after eating supper, but this is not even half of my sleep issues... I'm pretty much tired 100% of the time. I go to bed at a pretty reasonable hour, I turn my phone off at least a half hour before I go to sleep and I don't turn it on while I'm in my bed, (I've been doing this for a few weeks), if I am watching TV before bed, I will read for a bit to wind down before going to sleep AND I started to use a really obnoxious alarm clock that I keep on the dresser so I am forced to get out of bed to turn it on.  That last one took me a while to get used to because, well, I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't just get back into bed after I turn it off anyway..............

So I really just don't understand what is wrong with me, because after I take all of those 'precautions', we'll call them for sake of being overdramatic, I STILL can't wake up when my alarm clock tells me to!!!!!!!! Honestly, poor Ian! For a while I was setting several alarms, so that eventually, I would have to wake up to one. I am unfortunately one of those people who turn their alarm(s) off in their sleep without realizing it. Sometimes, even when I could see on my phone it was way past the time I needed to wake up, it took a lot of coaxing for me to get up. A couple of weeks ago was when I decided to use the obnoxious clock on the dresser. I had tried it before but it is just SO annoying that I couldn't even handle it. At the same time I decided to use this alarm clock, I decided I was going to set my alarm for 6:00 AM and go for a leisurely walk to start my day. I've yet to go for a walk this week and tomorrow is Friday. I was on a roll for the first week and a half, and it was easy and it was a great start to my day! But now, I'm back to the old me... what the HECK! Last week, after one of my walks... I GOT BACK INTO BED AND SLEPT FOR AN EXTRA HALF HOUR. I don't know about you, but I feel like that defeated the purpose of getting up and going for a walk.

Anybody else have this problem? Seriously, it doesn't make any sense. Even when I do get up on time to my alarm, I usually feel exhausted driving to work (this is unsafe) and then don't even get me started on how often I have to get up from my desk and walk around to try and wake myself up. If I don't go to the gym right after work, I'll come home and fall asleep :| It's soooo bad!!! Even coffee and caffeinated teas don't help me wake up. Energy drinks don't really work either .. all they do is make my heart hurt and remind me that no one should really drink those things. I've got some peppermint essential oil that is supposed to wake me up but.. the girl told me to put it behind my ears, and truth be told, it just kind of burns and I feel like that shouldn't happen. Plus my sample was pretty small so I don't want to waste putting drops in the shower.. although, it did make it smell nice. Maybe I need to eat more spinach since I don't like eating lots of raw meat. Like, yesterday I skipped bootcamp cause I woke up from falling asleep and just didn't feel like going and today, as I mentioned, I missed yoga. Thank goodness I'm subbing on a soccer team tonight or I think between the last two days I probably would sneeze and just POOF I would be obese from lack of exercise. (I wish I could say I was joking, but I was not blessed with a body that can skip exercise).

If you have any tips or tricks that will help me to wake up, they are greatly appreciated. I can't exactly repay you with anything except that when I'm well rested, I have time to actually make myself look presentable and I feel like that's a pretty good gift: me looking like a put together human as opposed to what I generally look like....

lol omg this is so unattractive but I literally don't care so... you all get to enjoy it

[I am just going to add in here that I am SO grateful for autosave because my computer is from 2008 and the battery doesn't work anymore and the cord unplugged TWICE in the last 45 minutes of me writing this. But that's okay cause it gave me an 'excuse' to watch an entire episode of Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.. that I had already seen.. I'm obsessed.]

Now I'm going to get ready for the soccer game that I have at 10:00 PM... apparently you shouldn't exercise right before you go to bed but like.. I find it helps me sleep. Just kidding. Closing my eyes helps me sleep. Literally. I don't get how people say they can't nap when I literally can just shut my eyes and I'm out like a light..... but then I can't get up, so it's a win-lose situation.

So if you're a sleep doctor, hit me up and teach me your ways please and thanks.

.dream big dreams, be reckless peeps!.

No comments:

Post a Comment