Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fam Jam

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter. I sure did. I became morbidly obese in a matter of about five hours. Beat that. Finished exams last week then flew home, only here for a couple more days til I have to go do summer school back in Peg City. Oh joy.

This Easter was the first time in a long time that the whole fam jam was together! Neil and Amanda came in from Kelowna; Tom and Anne came in from Cobourg and it was a grand ol time. The Easter Bunny even made the trip and hid chocolate for us 20-plusers (and Neil the almost 30-year-old)

So not to brag or anything, but I really do have the best family in the entire universe. The get togethers no matter how long or short are always excellent. There's always tons of laughs, tons of food and tons of love :) When I was younger it was always nice to have someone to play with when the cousins were around and even now that we're older we're all still pretty close. No matter how long it's been since the last time we saw each other, our family doesn't seem to miss a beat. You know when you go back to school in September and you see your friends that you didn't really see all summer and they've changed (obviously it's them, not you) and you kinda have that awkward "Hi!" .. it's so much different for family. It's like we saw each other the day before and were just carrying on. Like in Palm Springs and Neil and Amanda's wedding. It was literally the first time ALL the cousins were together in like ten years, but it sure didn't feel like that.

The great memories we have together always make me smile. From tobogganing and baking Christmas cookies in Longlac to summers at Cloud Lake and now the Palm Springs wedding (and soon the Cobourg wedding!) there's always going to be something happy to remember. I have so many great experiences with my family and I hope that everyone else is just as lucky.

I'm sad the weekend is over and that everyone is gone but I had a great time and am so happy that it happened! I had the opportunity to go to Mexico for a week, and I would've returned to TBay on Sunday and as much as I would have love, love, LOOOVED to have been partying it up and laying in the sun - Cancun will always be there, my liver is thankful, and I would have missed out on a great weekend with the fam jam. (I'll just ignore the fact that I still had two exams to write during the duration of the trip that was booked and say my decision was based solely on family being in town)

Gotta go for a run and work off hopefully at least one of the Mini Eggs I inhaled Sunday.

(still, maybe even bigger?) BIG L

PS - call your mom, she misses you

No comments:

Post a Comment