Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sorry for the delay....

So this is it. The final blog of my Fernie adventure. I'll be the first to admit I was lagging pretty hard on posting new stuff but I'm not really heartbroken. I mean really, if you wanted an update of what I did every week I would just copy and paste the same blog over and over again cause all I did all winter was snowboard. And it was amazing. I had the best three months I could have asked for except that they ended. I would have preferred they didn't. But real life is calling. My experience out here was more amazing than I ever could have imagined. It's been a dream of mine since I was in high school to come west and just live the life and ride day in and day out. And I did it. Four and a half years of university got me a degree but three months in the mountains gave me some incredible memories, amazing friends, great turns in the most amazing snow I've ever shredded and a beer gut. Okay, maybe Fernie was exactly like university. I don't even know how to write about my time here to be honest. I've been told by lots of people how cool it is that I had a dream and I went and made it happen or how I'm so brave for coming out here on my own but like.. Anyone could have done it. This is actually so funny right now because Fall Down or Fly by Lindi Ortega just came on and it's so fitting for this blog. "This is your life you can fall down or fly ... This is your life you can live it or die." I guess you could say I pretty much lived like that this winter. I hate the saying YOLO but like... It's so true. You only live once. I left a lot behind .. My boyfriend, my family, my friends.. My whole life basically. But the important people and the important things in your life are gonna be there when you get back. No regrets. You just need to go out and do your thing. If you died tomorrow would you be ready to go? You can't live life in the slow lane saying you'll do something another time cause you never know if you'll get that next time. Live in the moment. This doesn't mean pick up and move somewhere it just means that if there is something you really want to to, just do it. The only thing holding you back is yourself. And I'm not trying to be all corny and motivational and junk. Just preachin' da troof! Heck, I graduated high school with someone who just became a doctor. At 22 years old. It's incredible what we can do if we want something bad enough. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that if this is the last thing I got to say, I would just want everyone to know that dreams are always attainable. The journey can be awesome or it can be terrible but if you keep in mind the ultimate goal, you will make it there. 
I wrote this two months ago and I guess I left it cause I was on the Greyhound and I fell asleep... So here it is and sorry it was so late!
XO
Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment