Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Thanksgiving

Happy day after Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians, and happy Tuesday to everyone else! I would just like to start off this post with an excuse for why it is a day late, as I tend to do with everything I write. My excuse for not posting yesterday is that drove from Neepawa to Winnipeg yesterday morning and then to Fargo, North Dakota in the afternoon to see Taylor Swift (breaking my pact to myself that I would never go see her cause I can't stand the girl.. but that's a whole other story and I am trying to be more spontaneous in my life) and then drove the three and a half hours all the way back. So when all was said and done, I did not feel like writing a blog at 3:00 AM. I should probably be a real blogger and work on these things ahead of time, but I would be straying away from my own character. Procrastination is the key to success. Without it, I wouldn't get anything done.

So to keep with the theme of Thanksgiving, I'm just going to take the easy way out and write about what I am thankful for. Pretty sure last year I was sappy and wrote about friends and family and health and all the usual things we all say we are grateful for. Today, I'm going to write a short and sweet one (it's literally just the next paragraph) about how I am grateful for my body and all of the things it lets me do everyday.

I am lucky. I am able to get up every day and do everything for myself. I can hop out of bed, do everything I need to do to get ready for the day and drive myself to work, I can choose to walk up stairs rather than take an elevator and because I watch so much Criminal Minds and I'm weird, I know that I would be able to run from a psycho killer. But there are some people who have life altering injuries, there are some people who are born with physical limitations and there are also individuals who have limited mobility from different kinds of health issues. These people might not be able to hop on a bike or go for a walk - things that most people take for granted. Our bodies do so much for us, that the least we can do is repay ourselves by using what we've got. The thing is, today, health and fitness has become a fad. What diet plan can you try this week and what crazy workout can you do today? The industry has got us all believing that we need so spend all this money and do all these crazy things to be 'healthy' when really, all we need to do is be kind and respectful to our bodies - no matter the abilities and limitations we may have. After all, we owe it to ourselves.

Oh, and I'm still thankful for my family and friends, not just at Thanksgiving - but everyday.

What are you thankful for this year?

dream big dreams, be reckless.
-L

No comments:

Post a Comment