Monday, October 5, 2015

Welcome back!

Alright, so I will admit that I slacked on making the improvements. From the time I decided GotL needed a facelift until now, I only really started to get into it this past weekend. BUT that's not to say I haven't been jotting down ideas in my notebook or making Instagram and Twitter accounts for my blog (@gotl_blog - be sure to add it!). Plus I've just been busy at life. But I am going to keep learning about Blogger and how it works and make this blog worth your while!

What's new about my blog? Well, for starters - new layout and new template! I finally realized, after writing here for about four years now, that I can control the colours and fonts and size of type and all that fun stuff. Who knew?! I literally just thought I could change the background photos to whatever Blogger had and then the font and stuff was just what it was. Boy, was I ever wrong. Now there are too many choices! Times New Roman or Arial? Bold, italic, underlined, or striked through? What colour do I want my font today? Those are literally the least of my worries, too. I'm slowly but surely working on categorizing my posts and having a menu at the top, like a normal website, but that is proving to be a bit of a set back - so baby steps until then.

I mentioned a little while back that I am going to start creating a new food every month... but while I did say that, I didn't say I was going to make something that is edible. Hence me having a boyfriend that will be my guinea pig because so far I have convinced him that nothing I cook tastes bad. I even got him to eat gluten free noodles. And before you throw your hands up and sigh - no, I do not have celiac disease and no, I am not going gluten free. I just have the noodle attachment on my KitchenAid stand mixer and I wanted to try making them. I don't discriminate against ANY food. Except pickles, don't come near me with those. And if I'm being honest, this recipe turned out better than the one I have tried THREE times and only successfully made noodles ONCE with that has regular wheat flour. So there's that to consider. Plus now I have a lifetime's supply of xanthan gum and I don't know what else I'm going to use it for. Suggestions are welcome. Unless you're going to tell me to put it into my smoothies to thicken them cause it just makes them have a weird texture and ends up going down the drain.

What else can I tell you? I think it's going to be much of the same - me ranting and complaining and making lists on how to be/how not to be. I know for sure I'm going to write a letter to my 18-year-old self... how do I know for sure? Well, it's in the works. I'm sure it will be closely followed by list of reasons that being an adult sucks. I'm pretty obsessed with eating, so I anticipate, time permitting, that I will be mostly blogging about food that I create. I even charged up my old camera battery to take pictures with ...... because my iPhone 4S doesn't have enough memory on it.... because my iPhone 5C went for a drink. That's another blog in itself.

So, here's some advice to get you through the next seven days til my next blog... When you're sad because you have to wait until Monday for another GotL post, just remember that someone, somewhere, probably has a terrible hangover right now. (Aka go read my hangover post)

dream big dreams, be reckless
-L




No comments:

Post a Comment